- 433a millwright certification (Preferred)
The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for maintaining and repairing production and non-production equipment and machinery including HVAC, air compressors, pumps, Auger Fillers, Cappers, Labelers, Blenders, and Capsule Encapsulators. S/he performs preventative scheduled maintenance on equipment and troubleshoot equipment as required to implement increase uptime, with an emphasis on electrical maintenance.
Specific Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Repairs packaging, tabulating and blending equipment as required.
- Performs routine preventative maintenance as scheduled.
- Prepares purchase orders for replacement parts.
- Documents preventative maintenance, repair work and spare parts to facilitate SOP requirements.
- Assists in rigging requirements on new equipment and relocation projects.
- Welds machine parts as required to facilitate repairs on equipment.
- Assists where necessary in other maintenance functions throughout the facility.
- Maintains equipment in maintenance shop.
- Practices safe health and safety practices when performing job responsibilities.
- Works in compliance with the company’s Health & Safety Policies/SOP’s including but not limited to the Safety Responsibilities Procedure.
- Complies with Good Manufacturing Practices in all GMP sensitive areas of the organization.
- Other duties not included here may be required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Requirements
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma required.
- 433A ticket required.
- Working knowledge of pneumatics, hydraulics and electric’s is an asset.
- Experience in pharmaceutical or natural health products is an asset.
- Ability to read equipment drawings and equipment manuals.
- Self-starter, able to work with minimum supervision.
- Available to work three shift operation and required overtime.
- Strong verbal and written English skills.
- Good communication skills with all levels of employees.
Pay rate: $30 -$34 /hour, depends on experiences and qualification