We are looking for an experienced Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to join a high-growth IT start-up, of 100 employees, reporting to the President and working closely with the CEO.
The ideal candidate is not only well versed in current accounting practices and trends but has proven experience raising capital and adapting to change. As a member of our senior management, he or she will be comfortable in a leadership role that demands clear communication, negotiation, and presentation skills.
· Drive the company’s financial planning
· Perform risk management by analyzing the organization’s liabilities and investments
· Control and evaluate the organization’s fundraising plans and capital structure
· Maintain, develop and expand structure of financial outlay with a detail capital plan
· Ensure cash flow is appropriate for the organization’s operations
· Supervise Departmental personnel (Finance & Admin)
· Provide timely and detailed analysis of budgets, forecasts, and financial trends, and maintain the credibility of the Finance department
· Maintain strong relationships with the senior leadership by identifying their needs and providing a wide range of business solutions
· Ensure compliance with applicable accounting standards and company policies
· Mandarin and/or French are considered assets
· Proven experience as CFO in a Start-Up Environment – (required)
· The ideal candidate has experience in a Technology company
· In-depth knowledge of corporate financial law and risk management practices
· Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
· Ability to strategize and solve problems
· Strong leadership and organizational skills
· Excellent communication and people skills
· An analytical mind, comfortable with numbers
· BSc/BA in Accounting, Finance, or relevant field; MSc/MBA is a plus
· CPA certification is an asset
What we offer:
· Competitive compensation
· 100% company-sponsored health benefits
· A culture that encourages career growth and ground-breaking results.
· Exposure to a wide range of cutting-edge technologies
· Executive Equity Plan
· Hybrid work environment
We foster a work environment that’s inclusive as well as diverse, where our people can see themselves. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.