The Shred-it Route Driver is responsible for providing industry-leading levels of service to clients while taking care of all customer document destruction needs, including transporting supplies and materials, safely and in accordance with company policy and all local and federal laws. This involves loading and unloading the delivery vehicle and ensuring that all cargo is safely secured before transport.
Key Job Activities:
- Performs onsite/offsite document destruction of confidential information
- Performs pre/post-trip checks, and driver check-in on the assigned trucks, prior to leaving or closing for the day. Reports maintenance problems to Transportation/Dispatcher for follow-up
- Operates equipment in a safe/efficient manner to minimize injury risk & equipment damage
- Complies with all local, provincial, and federal laws governing driver fitness and hours of service
- Maintains a high level of security when emptying consoles and/or collection totes by ensuring all documents are retrieved and the consoles/containers are securely locked. Services accounts using a hand-held device, ensuring console/containers are barcoded, locations are up to date, and the accuracy of type and quantity of consoles/containers
- Manages assigned routes ensuring customers’ confidential material is collected and serviced in a timely and accurate manner
- Handles and responds to all customer problems and inquiries expediently and in the best interest of both the customer and Shred-it
- Perform other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
Experience (North America & LATAM):
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- 1+ Years’ experience, preferably in route management, driving shred trucks, and box Trucks
- Required: Current driver’s license ( Class DZ or equivalent) with an excellent driving record
- Immunizations might be required
Stericycle currently offers its employees the option to participate in a full range of benefits, including a health care program that includes medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage, healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, an employee assistance program, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation and sick time, RRSP matching. Participation in some programs requires that employees be regularly scheduled to work a minimum number of hours and/or to have fulfilled a waiting period after they begin employment with Stericycle.