Shipping and Receiving Coordinator is responsible for planning and managing all outgoing/incoming shipments and items. This role plays a key part in making sure the shipping & receiving area functions efficiently and timely so that all departments can run smoothly. Inventory management and strong relationships with shipping companies and carriers are essential.
- Conducts inventories counts, recording any discrepancies or losses. such as checking contents of shipped product against purchase orders for the purpose of verifying stock and identifying losses.
- Contact carriers to set up deliveries making sure to ensure the accuracy of the items delivered.
- Plan and maintain the distribution of products. Ensuring appropriate stock levels are maintained and records kept up to date.
- Follow all company safety procedures and policies
- Assists in receiving, storing, issuing, and delivery of equipment, tools, and supplies, and doing the required record-keeping.
- Responds to request from internal coworkers or customers and following up.
- Physically fit and able to move items by hand if needed.
- Making sure to inspect and verify all incoming shipments against the order sheet or packing slips. Reporting any damages or defects.
- Performs packaging operations as per the customer orders.
- Completes packaging orders within the deadlines.
- Completes daily reports and submit to Operations Manager.
- Observes material handlers / forklift operators, directing and giving instructions to make sure the shipping area runs smoothly.
- Maintain a positive and respectful environment.
- Work in compliance with established safe work practices.
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Previous 3 – 5 years’ experience as a Shipping/Receiving Coordinator or similar role.
- Forklift Certification (Counterbalance / Reach)
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Attention to detail
- Team Leader, able to work in a team environment.
- Computer skills
- Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel)
- Strong communication skills
- Able to lift 30lbs – 40lbs if needed.
- Organization Skills
- Able to work independently